Azamara Introduces New Breakfast Menu
Azamara Club Cruises has just introduced a new breakfast menu at their main dining restaurant Discoveries.
The boutique cruise line known for creating destination immersion programs has reimagined their breakfast fare. True to the cruise line’s commitment to immersion into local cultures, Azamara has added dishes that are completely new, with global flavors and ingredients. For those looking to avoid rushing breakfast and to enjoy something more than just a buffet, the new menu is brunch inspired serving the dietary needs for a variety of cruise passengers. Options for vegan, gluten free, healthy and vegetarian passengers are noted on the menu.
Sample dishes include:
- Japanese zucchini noodle breakfast bowl with a fried egg
- Asian chicken and rice congee with ginger and scallion
- Arabic Shakshuka with hummus and olives
- Mediterranean Ratatouille toast with scrambled eggs
Learn Something New Every Day
Some of these new breakfast items inspired me to do a little investigation. I was especially interested in learning about:
- Omurice – omelet rice, is ketchup fried rice wrapped with a crepe-like thinly fried egg.
- Shakshuka – Eggs Poached in Spicy Tomato Pepper Sauce
- Zucchini noodles – aka “zoodles” are a gluten-free alternative to wheat noodle pasta.