All roads lead to the Pillow Butler on Silversea Cruises
Thanks to China and their production of raw silk I have had the best sleep on Silversea Cruises Silver Shadow.
Although the production of silk has been underway for at least 5,000 years in China, the invention of a Pillow Butler is a relatively new concept.
Silversea Cruises offers a robust pillow menu giving cruise guests less reason to lose sleep because of an uncomfortable pillow. The Pillow Butler has 8 choices to select from, which vary by firmness level, size, and filling (down, feather, memory foam, buckwheat, or polyester). Try all the pillows, I did.
Once I found my favorite pillow type, I would suggest getting a Tiara Collection pillow cover in 100% silk charmeuse. This super luxurious pillow cover even has a hidden pocket for either a chamomile or lavender scented aromatherapy sachet to help induce a relaxing slumber.
A Silversea Encounter at a Silk Factory
As fate would have it, during a shore excursion in Shanghai, our group had an opportunity to visit a silk factory.
The silk factory visit was a fun stop for me because I got to learn more about silkworms and have a chance to buy a silk blanket or pillowcase to bring home.
- Culinary Enrichment Program on Silversea Cruises via Relais & Châteaux Cooking School at Sea
- Going ashore with Silversea Cruises: Jiangyin, China on the Yangtze River
- Going ashore with Silversea Cruises: The water town of Zhujiajiao
- Photo recap of Shanghai’s top sites
- Exploring ashore with Silversea Cruises in Qingdao, China
- Qingdao China cruise port overview
- Pre cruise photo recap: 24 hours in Seoul, South Korea