Information for Cruise Passengers
Links to port information and social media sites:
- Airport information: San Juan Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport
- Tourism office www.gotopuertorico.com
Port: There are a couple scenarios for where the ships dock. Most ships calling on San Juan for the day or evening will use the Old San Juan facilities. In the event that those spaces are full or for turnaround (embarking and debarking) cruises, ships will dock at Frontier Pier or the Pan Am Pier, which is across the bay from Old San Juan.
Airport: Luis Munoz Marin International Airport is approximately 8 miles away from pier.
Cell Phones: Good news. Most US carriers have coverage in Puerto Rico. Most “nationwide” plans include Puerto Rico, however make sure to check before you use your phone on the island to avoid roaming charges.
Top attractions, not to be missed
- For those that want to explore the Old Town district there are plenty of shops, museums, galleries, restaurants and bars to explore. Make sure to sample some local rum and purchase some locally-grown coffee.
- Active cruise visitors might like to soar above San Juan via the zipline shore excursion
- Hike the El Yunque Rainforest
- Kayak the bioluminecent bay at Laguna Grande in Fajardo
- Visit to the Bacardi Rum Factory
- Some tours take cruise visitors to the Spanish forts of El Morro and San Cristobal