Incheon (for Seoul) South Korea
Cruise ships will dock at Incheon Cruise Terminal when calling on South Korea’s capital of Seoul.
Incheon, lies on the coast west of Seoul at the mouth of the Han River, only 18 miles south of the demilitarized zone (DMZ). The Incheon Regional Maritime Affairs and Port Office is the port authority for the Port of Incheon.
- Korea Tourism Organization Visit Seoul
- Traditional Korean Hanok – RakKoJae
- Interactive map
- Korean Goodwill Guides
Excursions and attractions in Incheon
The only official Chinatown in South Korea is in the Port of Incheon. Located on the main subway line connecting the Port of Incheon to Seoul, the main entrance to Chinatown is immediately in front of the Incheon Subway Station.
Visit General MacArthur’s statue in Liberty Park and the memorial of the Centennial Anniversary of U.S. and South Korea relations.
The district of Bupyeong offers great shopping and eating. Stroll through Guwol-dong and go shopping, enjoy a break at the central square named Rodeo Street.
Songdo International City, a multi-billion dollar planned city where Korea’s tallest building, the North Asia Trade Tower is located.
Incheon Islands There are several islands accessible by ferries. Visit: Daecheongdo, Yeonpyeongdo, Ganghwado, Yeongjongdo, Muuido, and Deokjeokdo.
The best way to get the most out of a day in port is to go on an organized shore excursion. Seoul is located close to the Port of Incheon, but not within walking distance nor an inexpensive cab fare. There is, however, good train service if that is your “cup of tea.”
Things to do in Seoul
- Taepo Harbor and Fish Market in Sokcho
- Go to the observation deck at Seoul Tower, visit at night to enjoy the lights of the city
- Stroll along the stream and on the riverbanks of the Han River
- Vist Bulguksa Temple [UNESCO World Heritage]
- Take a tour of the DMZ
- Shop at Myeongdong or Namdaemun Market
- Visiting the palaces of Gyeongbokgung and Changdeokgung
- Go watch a performance of Nanta, a Korean drum performance
- Dine in a fabulous Korean restaurant