Information for cruisers
Links to port information and social media sites:
- Port info: http://www.visitusvi.com/cruise
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/USVITourism
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/visitusvi
St. Thomas (and nearby St. John) offer cruise visitors many choices for creating the perfect day in port. A popular Caribbean port-of-call, St. Thomas offers activities for active cruisers and also more sedate options for less physically-inclined visitors.
Logistics: where do the cruise ship dock?
There are two docks used for cruise ships
Top attractions, not to be missed:
Shopping and beaches are the main attractions in St. Thomas. When there are many ships in port for the day, the island can get overrun with tourists (check here to see what ships will be in port when you are). Because of time restraints and crowds, consider booking a cruise line shore excursion and let someone else worry about traffic.
- If time permits go to St. John – less crowds and absolutely beautiful
- Head to the beaches on the East End. This is where cruise visitors will find Coki, Sapphire, Lindquist.
- Visit Coral World
- Take the St. Thomas Skyride to Paradise Point to see the amazing views from 700 feet above Charlotte Amalie
- Go shopping (think duty free)