Information for cruisers
Links to port information and social media sites:
- PortMiami information http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/
- Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Twitter: @PortMiami https://twitter.com/PortMiami
- Facebook: Miami Dade County https://www.facebook.com/miami.dade.county
- YouTube: PortMiami http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL20C215C06DFE62A4
Miami the “Cruise Capital of the World”
Miami, Florida is an international destination waiting to greet cruise visitors. The South Florida city is not only a melting pot of Latin American cultures, Miami is home to wonderful beaches, family-friendly attractions, great restaurants, world-class entertainment venues, and fun diversions (check out Duck Tours South Beach).
Cruise ships dock at the Port of Miami, which is located on Dodge Island in Biscayne Bay.
Miami International Airport is 9 miles west of the Port of Miami.
View Port of Miami in a larger map
Top attractions, not to be missed:
Miami‘s has plenty of great tourist destinations.
- Visit one of the beaches that Miami is famous for: South Beach and Miami Beach are must-sees
- Family visitors can check out the Miami Metro Zoo or the Miami Seaquarium
- Check out the Duck Tour and see South Beach
- Play golf
- Go to Watson Island, located close to the port. Places of interest include Jungle Island (the kids will love the waterslide) or let the kids play at the Miami Children’s Museum
- Farther off the beaten path but worth a look is the Art Deco Welcome Center at Miami Beach.
- Drop your bags at the ship and then head back to the shops at Bayside Marketplace.