Information for Cruise Passengers
Links to port information and social media sites:
- Cayman Islands website: www.caymanport.com
- Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- Twitter: @Cayman_Islands
- Facebook: Visit Cayman Islands
- YouTube: Cayman Tourism
The three islands Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman make up the Cayman Islands.
George Town, is a popular port of call on Grand Cayman. Cruise visitors can do variety of things while in port. My favorite activities center around the amazing beaches. If swimming with the stingrays is on your must do list, make sure to pre-book for the best availability.
For those not inclined to get into the sea, George Town has a rich history and there are many sites available to explore within walking distance from the docks.
Arriving by ship:
Up to four cruise ships can anchor near George Town in the harbor. Cruise ship passengers are tendered to one of three cruise terminals: South Terminal, the North Terminal and the Royal Watler Terminal. For more information, click here.
Top attractions, not to be missed:
Within walking distance of the docks:
- Cayman Islands National Museum
- Elmslie Church
- Fort George Historic Site
- Heroes Square and the Assembly building (Parliament)
- Clock Tower
- Stingray City is an absolute must when visiting Grand Cayman. Tip: sign up in advance of the cruise to secure the best times or consider using a reputable third party tour operator. Don’t try to “arrive” at the site the day the ship is in port to avoid disappointment. Click here to learn more about Stingray City via Wikipedia.
- Go to Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park, which is about 30 minutes from town (expect to pay about $50 each way on a taxi). If this is your type of excursion, check with the cruise line and compare prices.
- Spend the day at the beach: Seven Mile Beach and Rum Point are good bets (although crowded).
- Go for a dive in the world-famous waters off the Cayman Islands.
- Visit the Cayman Islands Turtle Farm
- Click here for more links to beaches on Grand Cayman
View George Town, Cayman Islands in a larger map
Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)