Ready to Cruise?
Recaps from cruise ships and ports around the world.
Advice from a trusted professional who know the business of cruising.
Buying a cruise is not just about price: there are lifestyle variables, itineraries, and numerous amenities to explore. I am there for you. What do you want to know?
Having spent hundreds of nights at sea, I have experienced amazing cruises as well as, let’s just say, not so amazing voyages. In addition, I owned a travel agency and was responsible for helping people plan and execute dream cruise vacations. To do my job I went on as many ships as I could and when I was not sailing, I took advantage of ship tours and sales training from cruise lines and destination marketing organizations.
Cruise Reviews by cruise line and destination
Below are links to various series written while I was cruising. Learn about what shipboard life is like, what to expect onboard, and what to do in port.
Check out my guest “Blogger-at-Large” posts below.
- Castles, Clans & Lochs in Scotland’s Hebrides
- Diary of an AzAmazing Evening to Remember in Liverpool
- Night and Cool Places: Dublin, Ireland
- Heritage Travel: The Quest to Discover My History
- Southampton embarkation on Azamara Quest
- Port Buzz: St. Peter Port, Guernsey
- Port Buzz: Glasgow, Scotland via Greenock
- British Open: England, Ireland, Scotland via Azamara Club Cruises, Azamara Quest
- Arctic Circle Expedition – Norway via Silversea Crusies, Silver Explorer
- Aegean discovery: Istanbul to Athens on Azamara Club Cruises, Azamara Quest
- Athens to Venice (calling on Greece, Montenegro, Croatia, and Italy) via Silversea Cruises Silver Spirit
- Danube Waltz, Viking River Cruises, Viking River Cruises Viking Skadi
- Canary Island Serenade, via Crystal Cruises, Crystal Serenity
- Grand Mediterranean, Royal Princess
- Rhine Christmas Markets via Uniworld Cruises, S.S. Antoinette
- Spain and Canary Islands via Silversea Cruises, Silver Spirit
- Baltic and Scandinavia via Princess Cruises, Crown Princess
- London and Paris via Europe Express
- Western Med Cruise via Disney Cruise Line, Disney Magic
- (NEW 2017) Alaska Dream Cruises – Sitka to Juneau (small ship adventure travel)
- Alaska cruise and cruise tour via Princess Cruises, via Ocean Princess
- Holland America Line Alaska Explorer cruise roundtrip Seattle, ms Oosterdam
- Southbound Alaska Cruise with pre-cruise cruisetour via Princess Cruises
- Alaska roundtrip from Seattle via Holland America Line
Looking for more information about ports in Alaska? Click here.
Learn more about what cruising in Asia is like, click here.
- The Silk Road on Silversea Cruises via a Pillow Butler
- Culinary Enrichment Program on Silversea Cruises via Relais & Châteaux Cooking School at Sea
- Going ashore with Silversea Cruises: Jiangyin, China on the Yangtze River
- Going ashore with Silversea Cruises: The water town of Zhujiajiao
- Photo recap of Shanghai’s top sites
- Exploring ashore with Silversea Cruises in Qingdao, China
- Qingdao China cruise port overview
- Pre cruise photo recap: 24 hours in Seoul, South Korea
- Konichiwa from Hakata, Japan
- Russian Far East – port review Vladivostok
- Shore excursion review to the Great Wall of China
- A day in Dalian, China
- Exploring Shanghai, China with limited time in port
- San Juan Puerto Rico Cruise Review
- Charlotte Amalie day 4 Caribbean cruise review
- List of popular Caribbean ports-of-call
- Spring Break! Caribbean via MSC Cruises MSC Divina
- Eastern Caribbean Cruise4Haiti on Royal Caribbean
Looking for more information about ports in the Caribbean? Click here.
Looking for more information about ports in the South Pacific? Click here.
- Sea of Cortes via UnCruise Adventures, Safari Endevour
- Sea of Cortez via Holland America Line, ms Ryndam
Looking for port guides and information about destinations?
Here are some of the places that I look for destination inspiration and logistics.
Related reads: check out the Blogger-at-Large updates from the ships, which offer real-time (when we are on the ships) insight and first impressions while I am experiencing the products and destinations first hand.