- The Silk Road on Silversea Cruises via a Pillow Butler
- Culinary Enrichment Program on Silversea Cruises via Relais & Châteaux Cooking School at Sea
- Going ashore with Silversea Cruises: Jiangyin, China on the Yangtze River
- Going ashore with Silversea Cruises: The water town of Zhujiajiao
- Photo recap of Shanghai’s top sites
- Exploring ashore with Silversea Cruises in Qingdao, China
- Qingdao China cruise port overview
- Pre cruise photo recap: 24 hours in Seoul, South Korea
- Konichiwa from Hakata, Japan
- Shore excursion review to the Great Wall of China
- A day in Dalian, China
- Exploring Shanghai, China with limited time in port
Ready to begin your journey? Recaps from cruise ships and ports around the world.
Advice from trusted professionals who know the business of cruising.
Buying a cruise is not just about price: there are lifestyle variables, itineraries, and numerous amenities to explore. I am there for you. What do you want to know?
Having spent hundreds of nights at sea, I have experienced amazing cruises as well as, let’s just say, not so amazing voyages. In addition, I owned a travel agency and was responsible for helping people plan and execute dream cruise vacations. To do my job I went on as many ships as I could and when I was not sailing, I took advantage of ship tours and sales training from cruise lines and destination marketing organizations.
Cruise Reviews by cruise line and destination
Below are links to various series written while I was cruising. Learn about what shipboard life is like, what to expect onboard, and what to do in port.
- Greek Isles & Adriatic Voyage via Azamara Club Cruises, Azamara Journey
- British Open: England, Ireland, Scotland via Azamara Club Cruises, Azamara Quest
- Arctic Circle Expedition – Norway via Silversea Crusies, Silver Explorer
- Aegean discovery: Istanbul to Athens on Azamara Club Cruises, Azamara Quest
- Athens to Venice (calling on Greece, Montenegro, Croatia, and Italy) via Silversea Cruises Silver Spirit
- Danube Waltz, Viking River Cruises, Viking River Cruises Viking Skadi
- Canary Island Serenade, via Crystal Cruises, Crystal Serenity
- Grand Mediterranean, Royal Princess
- Rhine Christmas Markets via Uniworld Cruises, S.S. Antoinette
- Spain and Canary Islands via Silversea Cruises, Silver Spirit
- Baltic and Scandinavia via Princess Cruises, Crown Princess
- London and Paris via Europe Express
- Western Med Cruise via Disney Cruise Line, Disney Magic
- (NEW 2017) Alaska Dream Cruises – Sitka to Juneau (small ship adventure travel)
- Alaska cruise and cruise tour via Princess Cruises, via Ocean Princess
- Holland America Line Alaska Explorer cruise roundtrip Seattle, ms Oosterdam
- Southbound Alaska Cruise with pre-cruise cruisetour via Princess Cruises
- Alaska roundtrip from Seattle via Holland America Line
Looking for more information about ports in Alaska? Click here.
Learn more about what cruising in Asia is like, click here.
- San Juan Puerto Rico Cruise Review
- Charlotte Amalie day 4 Caribbean cruise review
- List of popular Caribbean ports-of-call
- Spring Break! Caribbean via MSC Cruises MSC Divina
- Eastern Caribbean Cruise4Haiti on Royal Caribbean
Looking for more information about ports in the Caribbean? Click here.
Looking for more information about ports in the South Pacific? Click here.
- Sea of Cortes via UnCruise Adventures, Safari Endevour
- Sea of Cortez via Holland America Line, ms Ryndam
Looking for port guides and information about destinations?
Here are some of the places that I look for destination inspiration and logistics.
Related reads: check out the Blogger-at-Large updates from the ships, which offer real-time (when we are on the ships) insight and first impressions while I am experiencing the products and destinations first hand.