Dubai for cruise visitors
This desert oasis is world-famous for over-the-top luxury. A cruise is a great way to see he region and Dubai is an excellent starting (or ending) point.
- Dubai Calendar at http://www.dubaicalendar.ae/en for a list of events during your stay.
Dubai International Airport – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Directions, just in case you are getting a ride – (thank you Azamara Club Cruises for the port information).
- Exit Dubai Airport and drive approximately 100 meters to the traffic light.
- Turn left and drive for approximately 200 meters.
- Head for the flyover showing direction Jebel Ali and Abu Dhabi.
- Cross Al Grarhour Bridge and follow the directional signs to Port Rashid.
- At the Last round about turn right and reach the main cargo gates of Port Rashid.
- Drive through the gates and follow the signs to the ‘Passenger Cruise Terminal’.
- Continue straight past the round about and turn left at the small traffic signal.
- Drive straight ahead and you will see the cruise terminal building.
Where do cruise ships dock in Dubai
(Cruise Terminal, Port Rashid – Dubai – Dubai – United Arab Emirates)
Sheikh Rashid Passenger Terminal
Port of Rashid, Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 4 301 93 00
Top attractions, not to be missed
Things to Do in Dubai
- Dubai Museum, not to be missed, is located in the Al Fahidi Fort, built in 1787 and is the oldest existing building in Dubai. Click here to visit their website.
- Enjoy local Arabic food in Dubai, which is classified as Emirati Cuisine. There is no shortage of restaurants to sample Lamb and seafood stews as well as a variety of other options. Click here to see some options popular on TripAdvisor.com
- Visit the spice souk and experience a taste of life like a local. Take a shore excursion from the ship to take a deep look into the culture of #Dubai.
- Visit the Dubai Grand Mosque. For non-Muslim visitors, it is a good idea to take an organized shore excursion to the mosque, which accommodates 1200 worshippers. The reason is that the tour guide will be able to explain the architecture and history, which will allow for a more immersive experience. According to Wikipedia, The mosque was originally a school devoted to study of the Qur’an, known as a kuttab, which welcomed its first students in the year 1900 to learn the Qur’an by rote.
- Go to the top of Burj Khalifa to see a unique view of the City of Gold.
Looking for more inspiration?
Azamara Club Cruises offers these Land Discoveries in Dubai.