Far Out – Far East
A celebration of all things cruise travel related from the Far East.
[rev_slider alias=”Far East”]
First of all, the term Far East… Where did that moniker originate from?
According to Wikipedia, the Far East is an alternate geographical term that refers to East Asia (includingNortheast Asia), the Russian Far East (part of North Asia), and Southeast Asia.
Here are some of our resources to help you plan a trip to Asia.
Related posts from our special Blogger-at-Large series
- The Silk Road on Silversea Cruises via a Pillow Butler
- Culinary Enrichment Program on Silversea Cruises via Relais & Châteaux Cooking School at Sea
- Going ashore with Silversea Cruises: Jiangyin, China on the Yangtze River
- Going ashore with Silversea Cruises: The water town of Zhujiajiao
- Photo recap of Shanghai’s top sites
- Exploring ashore with Silversea Cruises in Qingdao, China
- Qingdao China cruise port overview
- Pre cruise photo recap: 24 hours in Seoul, South Korea
- Konichiwa from Hakata, Japan
- Shore excursion review to the Great Wall of China
- A day in Dalian, China
- Exploring Shanghai, China with limited time in port
An unforgettable journey awaits cruise visitors calling on ports in Asia. Cruising the largest of the seven continents includes calls to destinations in Japan, South Korea, China, Taipei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, Southeast Asia, India and the Emirates.
Once the decision has been made to take a cruise vacation around Asia, the hardest decision is figuring out where to go.
Cruise Asia destination highlights:
- Invite destination immersion and learn about Asia’s history that spans over 5,000 years
- Explore historic cities like Beijing and Shanghai
- Take a river cruise to the back country
- See temples
- Take an excursion to Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors
- Experience at The Great Wall
- Take a rickshaw
Find out more… Visit our complete guide – click here.