How to spot a cruise deal
Is the Carnival Cruise Lines Kids Sail Free promotion a good deal?
The latest cruise deals coming by my desk seem too good to be true… What’s the deal? I dissected the latest Kids Sail Free promotion offered by Carnival to show readers how to determine if a cruise deal is too good to be true. The key to determining if the deal is a good offer is to read the Terms and Conditions. In this case, the only surprise to cruise passengers could be the taxes and port charges that are applicable to all passengers, even the kids sailing free. Another thing that is not listed are the daily gratuities that could amount to hundreds of extra dollars for a family of four on a 7-day cruise.
Carnival’s newest cruise deal – Kids Sail Free
Offer is applicable on new bookings made between March 26, 2014 and March 28, 2014 on select cruises that depart between April 26, 2014 and August 28, 2014.
The Carnival Cruise Line email states: Book now through March 28th and their little ones cruise for FREE on select sailings between April 26th, 2014 and August 28th, 2014. That’s not all – only $50 is required to reserve the cruise vacation, and final payment is not due until 30 days prior to the cruise.
Here’s the scoop:
I took apart the terms and conditions so readers can see if this is indeed a good deal on Carnival.
Terms & Conditions:
- Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy (that is standard) 3rd/4th/5th guests are free combinable with Carnival’s Fun Select rates only (which might not be available when you call – read the last bullet point for the rate code for the promotion).
- $50 per person non-refundable deposit is applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date (which is usually 90-days prior to sailing but in this case final payment is due just 30 days before sailing) and it is valid for all ships, stateroom types and sail dates.
- Final payment due date is 30 days prior to sailing for sailings between May 1, 2014 – August 28, 2014.
- Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees (so make sure you are certain that you want to go). Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer (that could be an issue for those wanting shipboard credit or other “amenities”). Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice.
- Offer is for the cruise fare only and does not include Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses range from $42.38 to $324.27, and are assessed on a per guest basis for all guests according to the itinerary (this is relatively standard but make sure to know the total cost before making your non-refundable deposit).
- Guest may select the stateroom, but a minimum purchase of category 4A is required (on Carnival ships a 4A or B or C or D or E. are all inside cabins with two lower beds).
- Cancellation penalties apply. Offer bookings made as part of a group will include amenities. Offer is applicable on new bookings made between March 26, 2014 and March 28, 2014 on select cruises that depart between April 26, 2014 and August 28, 2014.
- Please request rate code PKF.
Some of the sailings that are available
Let me know what you think. Leave a comment below if you have any tips about how to get an amazing deal on a cruise.