Cruise Ship Food Review | Royal Princess
It took me a week to recover from my recent cruise on Princess Cruises’ newest ship Royal Princess. And although the scale tells me I had plenty to eat, I still feel like I did not have enough time to sample all the wonderful cuisine onboard.
Royal Princess Dining Options
Royal Princess Cruise Ship Food Review
Royal Princess is the largest Princess Cruises ship in the fleet. With a capacity of 3,600 the vessel can accommodate a lot of cruise passengers. Most passengers I know wonder if a ship that large can deal with the crowds and how that many people will effect their space.
For most cruisers their biggest concern about crowds deals with access to food. I can say that on Royal Princess they have perfected the art of anytime dining. Unlike on some ships, I did not see long lines of people being turned away (beepers in hand) from the dining rooms. In fact, it seemed to me like there were plenty of places to enjoy meals and that most passengers did take advantage of the options.
- Traditional dining: cruise passengers dine at a set time.Anytime dining: flexible Anytime Dining option allows cruise passengers to eat whenever and with whomever you choose. Specialty: Sabatini’sSM (Italian restaurant) or Crown GrillSM (steak and seafood restaurant)
- Horizon Court – buffet (be on the lookout for oysters and hidden gems at night during dinner)
- The Pastry Shop – pastries, hot desserts, flambés and coffee bar.
- Alfredo’s Pizzeria – great salads, pizzas, and Italian favorites like Eggplant Parmesan (free)
- Ocean Terrace – fresh new seafood bar in the Atrium featuring caviar, sushi, oysters & more (for a fee)
- Gelato – A new ice cream parlor (fee based)International Cafe – fresh pastries, warm paninis, and great light-bites.
- Vines – wine, sushi and tapas bar (fee based)
- Room service – always an option
- Spa food – at the Sanctuary (totally worth the $3.00 delivery fee)
- Chef’s Table Lumiere (fee based)
- Wine makers dinners in the private wine cellar rooms featuring a truly special dining experience (fee based)
- Crab Shack – a new concept on Royal Princess located in the Horizon Court area (fee based)
- Pub Lunch – look for this at the Wheelhouse bar on select days
- Curry Night – special order on the ship if you are a fan of this type of cuisine (I always do on all the ships)