Underwater tour of Catalina Island’s marine habitat eco adventure
One of the best ways for cruise visitors to experience the complex marine ecosystem found in the waters near Catalina Island is to take a 45 minute Semi-Submersible “yellow submarine” tour offered by Catalina Adventure Tours.
The “Nautilus” allows for 360-degree viewing.
Passengers board the vessel on Catalina’s Green Pier. The eco-tour is conducted by a knowledgeable and experienced guide that is an expert on Catalina Island marine life.
Cruise visitors traveling with children will find this eco-adventure tour to be very family-friendly. Guests will learn about the complex marine environment found in the kelp forests. There is no shortage of fish to be seen during the tour, especially since the vessel is equipped with “torpedo-style” fish feeders (available at an additional cost).
The Nautilus ventures out to Lover’s Cove, where beds of giant swaying kelp protect the colorful Garibaldi (California’s state fish) and many other examples of local Southern California ocean life.
There is a ticket office on the Green Pier, but advance reservations for the tour are recommended.
- Photo tour: Catalina Island
- Stay: Avalon Hotel
- Five Steps for Planning a Catalina Island Vacation
- Cruise excursion: Nautilus Eco Tour Adventure On Catalina Island
- Cruise excursion: Undersea Expedition
- Catalina Island Family Activities For Cruise Visitors
- Family vacation cruise via the Catalina Flyer to Catalina Island